A GUIDE TO DRESSING UP LIKE YOUR FAVORITE KOREAN CELEBRITY

4:58 AM

Photo taken from Pinterest
Annyeong-haseyo! It's hard to deny that the K-pop invasion has taken over so many, not to mention, the world. From music, tv series, makeup and skincare, they've got us hooked! If you find yourself singing lyrics you don't even understand or you get caught up in the latest Kdrama and finish it in just a day, then it's official. You got the K-fever, dude.

Personally, I've been a fan of Korean dramas ever since My Sassy Girl and Windstruck where my forever girl crush, Jun Ji Hyun/Gianna Jun, starred in both. Full House, Boys Over Flowers, Stairway To Heaven, The Heirs, Missing You, Innocent Man, You Who Came From The Stars, Descendants of the Sun, W (Two Worlds), and the recent The Legend of the Blue Sea, Goblin and The Weightlifting Fairy made its way to every fan girl or boy's heart. The list goes on! (Okay, let's not get started over here ✌)

Photo taken from Pinterest
Aside from their movies that totally got our hearts fluttering and breaking every episode, Korean style has definitely won us over too! Pastels, monochromes, (even the girls are wearing suits) and they never looked bad in them. I wonder how they do it! Aigoooooo... 😡

But fret not, here's a guide to dressing up like your favorite Korean celebrity. Thanks to these people who shared some tips on how to flaunt K-fashion, you'll be rocking those clothes like some of our fashion inspirations -- the cutesy Shin Min-Ah or our favorite Oppa, Lee Min Ho. 


1. TURTLENECKS



Notice how this will always be that one very important outfit in their closet? Since the temperature in Korea is naturally chill, they're most likely gonna stock on long-sleeved clothes. In the Philippines, it's exactly quite the opposite but it's a good thing that there are still days when the weather is just right. Opt for a turtleneck top or dress like how law student slash fashionista, Reina Oropilla, did here. Invest in a lot of pastel colors (like this old rose or mauve pink shade) and bring that K-style game on!

2. BOOTS




One good pair in black should do it. That's according to resident blogger, Andrea Olarte, who loves to sport them during events. Boots could give your outfit that edgy vibe on days where you don't want to look super girly. If there's one thing Koreans are also known for, it's their amazing street style! Take inspiration from Girls' Generation's Soo Young and Yoona or Miss A's Suzy Bae who all love to wear this item.


3. LONG-SLEEVED POLO SHIRTS



"For me, my favorites would be sweaters, long-sleeved shirts and jackets. I like their fashion because it is very edgy, creative and cute at the same time." Carlos Liao shares. He's one of those few guys who really knows how to dress up really classy K-style. Pairing it with black monochrome pants and this hairdo absolutely did the job. Talk about channeling your inner Lee Jong-Suk, guys.


4. SLIM-FITTED JEANS



Korean guys have two sides to dressing up -- the simple styling which can be narrowed down to plain attires and they also have their fashionable side where they would wear printed or colorful clothes. What I love about the former is that it's always wearable and they're very useful for both casual and formal events. Guys can sport K-style in simple slim-fitted jeans. "For me, they really like wearing long sleeves or cardigans because it emphasizes their broad shoulders and also slim-fitted jeans to emphasize their slender legs. And they're not afraid to wear something that would grab someone's attention." Kevin Medina says. I couldn't agree more and here's an extra tip, go for black or khaki. They're very neutral and they're easy to pair with almost anything.


5. KNIT SWEATERS



Take it from someone who has been to Korea herself. "Being at Oppaland has made me realize that Koreans tend to wear basic clothes where they can be carefree. My korean staple would be denim A-line skirts and pastel soft-knitted sweaters!" shares K-style lover Gillian De Castro. Knit sweaters are a girl's holy grail to dressing up like her fave Kdrama celebrity. So far, I haven't seen a show in Korea where the lady lead didn't wear this item! And yes, guys can definitely sport this too!


6. A-LINE DENIM SKIRTS



A-line skirts are not body-fit and for people who prefer comfort over style (while still getting to look fashionable), this one is a must-have! I could just remember Song Hye Kyo's character in Descendants of the Sun and she was exactly wearing a denim skirt! I'm definitely loving the bubbly Rinne Santarita's OOTD for that. The bangs and the shoes definitely completed the whole look.

7. LOOSE TOPS/DRESSES



If not for grand events, I've noticed Korean girls love to play it comfy and easy. They like keeping it plain and simple yet also stylish at the same time. "Having slender body types, Koreans tend to wear loose tops to give an impression of having ample weight. Personally, being skinny and petite myself, I go for this style. I love how it not only looks sexy and simple, but also how comfortable it is to move around in. Also essential is the footwear. Be it flats, heels, or kicks, they should equally but modestly standout with the outfit," style and travel blogger Jonnie Navarro shares. Yeppuda!



8. LAYERING


Practice the art of layering clothes. They do "layer" a lot in Korea but if you're living in a hot and humid country like the Philippines, it's not best to get yourself super covered or else you'll be bathing in sweat. But of course, we always find ways (because fashion is life lol). This has become a popular trend in Korea lately but I do believe this has already been popularized in the 80s or something. It's just that Korean fashionistas add their personal touch to it! Pastels or blacks and whites will do well for this but you can always experiment. Jumpers will also work for this concept!


9. BACKPACKS



Asians have been rocking the backpack trend again -- preferably black and has a toenail shape like what our recent featured beauty, Sheena Someya, is using here. Not only does this staple item make your life easier when going out, it really has this girl-next-door effect which most Koreans love dressing as. This accessory just completes the whole look!


10. SKIN CARE & MAKEUP


(ctto)
Dressing up also means having to look good for that outfit. Everyone knows how these human beings have such glorious skin (which I envy them for) but of course, that wouldn't be possible without good skin care habits. They live for these skin routines and products! Know what products work for your skin type and use them religiously. As well as with makeup, go for straight brows rather than arched, pick nude or bright pink lipstick shades rather than red, go for blush instead of contour, and lastly, invest in good eyeliners and BB creams or foundations. That's basically it. Haenguneul dama! All the best!


💗

Jaemi-ittge bonaeyo! 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete