HAIR TRANSFORMATION: BLACK, CURLY AND LOVING IT

4:33 PM


They say, "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life." I don't know if everybody agrees with that but today, I would say that maybe it could. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for finally finding the time to do something with my hair. Lol. For the first time in a long time, I actually took a risk and tried something different with it. I refer to it is as one of a woman's #firstworldproblems. It's probably because changing your hair is no joke. It's your crowning glory, so everything you do with it is a risk. Hair doesn't make the woman but good hair definitely helps.

"Good hair days make me feel like I can rule the world."

A FEW CONFESSIONS

I let my hair rest for a a year and a half of no chemicals, color, or anything. I simply just let it grow. To be honest, I never really appreciated my naturally-black hair. I went for bleached blonde hair a few years ago and I was happy about it but not for long. I had to bleach mine since the hair color wouldn't work with my hair due to how black it was. I was really pabaya (careless) with my hair that I never had it maintained. 

Before the whole process was done, my hair was dry, had a lot of split ends, messy (in a bad way), my black roots outgrew the blonde parts (so it looked like a bad ombre), and it was getting pretty long. But with the right products and proper care by expert Korean hair stylists, I finally got to achieve my dream hair. (Yes, my dreams of having that Korean perm in K-dramas!)


WHAT GOT ME HERE

My good friend, Irene, recommended me to try this Korean Salon she had her hair permed at. She's one of my friends whose hair I actually admire because she is really able to manage it well even after a year and that the people who styled it really did a great job. I'm here to confirm that this Korean Hair Salon is one I would recommend to anyone who would want their hair to be really assessed and checked prior to doing anything to it.

They go by the name of MK Hair Salon. It's owned by a very cute Korean couple somewhere at JR Borja Extension, Cagayan de Oro City. They have been running it for 5 years already. Being the person who loves to do her own research before jumping into anything, I've read a lot of really good reviews about their services. It took me a while to think things over. Big decisions, big decisions. Hahaha!

Then, I decided. I'm gonna go for it. I promised myself to welcome change this year. Great hair doesn't happen by chance, it happens by appointment. Haha! So, I set one for the weekend. Deep breath, here it goes...

WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE PROCESS


The style I opted for was the combination of rebond and digi perm. What I love about MK Salon is that they make it a point to inform you if it's gonna be okay for your hair or not. They don't want you to go for something that would end up damaging your hair even more. 


Since Ms. MK (shortcut for her real name) has already assessed the condition of my hair prior to everything, she starts off by trimming my blonde ends. Ombre hair no more!

Excuse my fat face. I hate having to stare at it like this whenever I go to salons! Hahaha!

The whole procedure comes with free haircut and hair treatment (before and after), by the way. They proceed by using Korean products for hair rebond only up to the areas where I want the straight hair. 
After a few minutes of minor heating, they go wash my hair and apply hair treatment to it.


As you can see, my hair is being ironed excluding the end parts as I want those curled. Almost there!
I was kinda nervous yet excited with the whole outcome! Your hair is like 90% of your selfie, so... Hahaha!


Another coat of the rebond product is applied, as well as the product for digi perm is spreaded on my ends. After another round of heating up and treatment right after, voila, it's beginning to look like how I want it to be. 
With a few styling from Ms. MK herself, I was amazed at the results. They'll also be teaching you how to maintain the volume and the curls which was actually fun.
 My dream hair for so long is finally achieved! I'm definitely loving the curls. It brings an instant youthful glow to anyone. And also, I'll learn to love my black hair from now on.

Gansahamnida, MK Salon! 

Such a cute couple these two! I would really recommend this salon not just because their hair services are awesome but my overall experience was pretty cool for my first time. 5 stars for the customer service, their friendly staff and owners!

May your coffee be as strong as your hair game

💗

Sometimes, change is good. If something makes you feel good about yourself, then it's important that you invest on it. Life is too short to have boring hair! It's great to take risks every once in a while. Just make sure that whatever hairstyle you pick, make sure it's your choice and that it makes you feel confident and comfortable at the same time. Who knew new hair could be so empowering?



You Might Also Like

2 comments