SAVE THE BOOBIES!

10:17 PM


One afternoon, I had the privilege of attending a gathering all decorated in pink ribbons and women wearing the signature head gear of one of the most renowned heroines of all time. Yes, the women making all this happen are all wonder women indeed.

As most of us know, October is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. People, especially women, are fighting against this commonly-diagnosed cancer as it claims the lives of thousands each year. Studies show that breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women. In the form of a pink ribbon, we show our support in raising awareness and reduce the stigma of breast cancer through education on symptoms and treatment, hence, the hashtag #EarlyDetectionSavesLives.


This campaign was brought about by THRIVE, a breast cancer awareness advocacy group in Cagayan de Oro City, headed by former Miss CDO and my pre-school teacher, Ms. Karen Lluch. Being a survivor herself and along with her fellow pink warriors slash breast-friends, they have been giving support to people who have been battling this cancer. For five years now, with their own efforts, they have been holding forums for awareness and empowerment, raising funds for breast cancer patients and partnered with several organizations, brands and establishments for this health movement.

Seated next to the current Miss Cagayan de Oro, Ms. Katrina Acaylar, who grace this event
With Spruce and Bigby's marketing heads, Carl Tan and James Tubeo 
"The biggest protection is early detection."
With the ever exquisite Ms. Tricia Tamparong, who has been an avid supporter of this cause
(She is the woman behind our beloved brand Spruce)
Placed icing on these cute cupcakes from Missy Bonbon in a direction as to how a self breast exam should be done
So creative, don't you think?

It didn't take long for the room to be filled with these bold pink warriors. To be in one place with them feels so empowering as they were able to share their experiences and thoughts in light of this advocacy. Learning about breast cancer is not all new to me as I've studied this in my Nursing years but it's really different when you're around women who bravely talk about their personal battles as breast cancer survivors.

I believe this advocacy is one of the most noble things ever. The sharing became a bit emotional as the minutes went by. What moved me so much is how these ladies could stand in front, without fear, sharing what they've gone through. "No one walks alone", as what one of them said. No one has to go through all this alone. This is why this support group has been created in the first place -- to reach out to those who need support, to respond to the call of people diagnosed with the said cancer and to make sure that having this does not mean that they cannot be useful to society anymore. These women are the living proof that there is always hope and one can overcome anything with courage and strength.

"We are in a better time to understand a situation like this," the host says. This forum stressed out how early detection of breast cancer is the best approach in defeating it. To do so, one has to perform a self-breast examination (SBE) after her period every month. With today's advanced technology, thankfully, we can just do this at home and read on reliable sites on how to perform it or call your physician.

💗

I salute all these wonder women -- happy, alive and built to survive. The world needs more of you. Together, let's support this wonderful cause and make a change in our own simple ways.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete