APRIL NAIL SALON: NAILED IT!

8:48 PM

"There's nothing a fresh manicure can't fix."
I just couldn't stop staring at my nails as soon as the final touches were applied. I giggled like a kid after seeing my fingernails perfectly polished and more importantly, cleaner and prettified! Girls would just love this new nail salon that recently opened at the 2nd floor of Cagayan Town Center (CTC) located at Vicente Roa St. near Centrio Mall. It's the same spot that brought you Yakimix and Skinholics. And as of this month, another Mediterranean-inspired place has emerged. April Nail Salon definitely nailed it! 



Have you ever wanted to just look at a place so visually attractive? That was the first thing I felt when I entered this nail salon. Designed in the prettiest hues of blue you've ever seen and patterned in the archetypal Santorini of Greece, I said to myself that there's definitely a thing called love at first sight.

Everything was so organized in the cutest way possible. I was greeted by the pretty Sheba when I got here. She introduced me to this tall, beautiful Chinese lady named April who is the nail artist. A lot of their equipment and products are really new to me so I got very curious. They were kind enough to entertain my questions though, so just feel free to ask them.

This color palette is everything!
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go
Hi, April! 😍

I was mesmerized by the colors I've seen. It took me a while to pick which nail art design I want. Seriously girls, you're in for a treat. If you're looking for ways to spoil yourself, this is just the thing for that. They'll be showing you ready-made samples or you can also choose from magazines for your design. I bet you'll be squealing at the cute embellishments you can add after picking your nail polish. They have all kinds of beads, pearls, gold and glitter. 

April Nail Salon aims to introduce to the Philippines the beauty of nail art.  In countries like Korea, Japan and China, this has become quite a trend. People can express themselves not just through clothes but through their nails too. There's a saying that goes, "When your nails are part of your outfit, they become more than nails. They become an accessory." Our nails could say so much about us. Aside from prettifying them, it's also twice as important that we take care of them and we pamper them. 


WHAT TO EXPECT

I honestly have bad nails and I gave them a heads-up before they did the procedure. The direction of my nails are originally slanted upward, that's why I keep them short. I even have a wound on one finger because I tend to rub it a lot unconsciously, talk about bad nail habits. Ugh! So anyway, April told me not to worry. And guess what, I'm glad I trusted her because I was so pleased with the results.

The people here are also very approachable which I appreciated so much. They're very reassuring and they're very careful in handling their clients. I can attest that they're NOT harsh on your hands/feet unlike other salons. They make it a point to check up on you and make sure you're feeling comfortable. A big plus for me! 


NAIL ART PROCEDURE

I'm used to mani-pedis but it's my first time to have cutesy stuff on my nails so I got so excited. So first off, they're gonna let you decide if you want the soft gel or the hard gel service. Don't worry, they're gonna explain to you what these are when you get there. They made me try the soft gel procedure because as they've suggested, it's not harsh for the nails.

I guess one of the big questions is, how do they do it? In my experience, they start by cleaning your nails first. Of course, before putting anything on your nails, they have to make sure there's no sign of dirt to prevent any flaws upon applying the polish, so they do a nail prep first. They use the cutest stuff in doing so, by the way. (Not the usual things you see at mani-pedi salons!)

STEP 1: CLEAN 
I was observing her the whole time! She's really an expert at this. 
STEP 2: NAIL SHAPING


STEP 3: PICK A SOFT GEL COLOR
In my case, I chose a mermaid-inspired design. (Hahaha! I blame Sim Cheong of LOTBS for this!) They'll copy the design you want from the magazine and they're gonna pick the colors for it. Pastels are definitely gonna look pretty on your nails and it's a good thing they have lots of it. 


STEP 4: APPLICATION OF NAIL POLISH
(Notice the paint brush? Told you they have cute, artsy stuff!)
Voila! Not done yet though...
(Forgive my ugly nails again)
STEP 5: ACCESSORIZE!
Every now and then, the nail artist will make you put your nails on a UV lamp under the table. It's a machine used for the polish or gel to easily dry in a jiffy. That's a good thing for us girls who accidentally smudge the polish off just when they've been applied. We won't be worrying so much about that now. Yay!


STEP 6: APPLICATION OF THE GEL COAT (finishing touches)

The process usually takes an hour or more depending on your design so I suggest that you could pick the not so complicated ones if you're in a hurry. Art takes time. 

And now, here are the results which I was very impressed with. (Insert all happy adjectives here!) They managed to make my nails look better now and I was beaming the whole time. I find it great because maybe this will prevent me from biting them or scratching the sides. It's glossy and neat -- the kind of nails I would want to have everyday. Who knew pretty nails could make you so happy?


The boyfriend is here!!! He wants his nails like this too. Hahaha!
Just kidding! Boyfriend-approved nails indeed. LOL
Not only is the place IG-able but your nails are worth posting!
Thanks a lot to these pretty ladies (April and Sheba) for the fun experience ❤
April Nail Salon is not limited to mani-pedi services only but they're also gonna be having lots of additions such as slimming services, semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo and eyeliner tattoo services. There's a whole bunch to look forward to and I cannot wait to share those with you.

It's been three days since this nail experience. So far, the nail polish and embellishments are still intact (and to think I do so many things that might ruin them -- like writing, typing, hand combing). Not one has budged so far and you can still see the gloss. Quality definitely pays off! They said it could even last up to a month as long as you don't intentionally remove it, of course. WOW!!!


💗

Hope you enjoyed reading this whole review. You must try the whole nail art experience for yourself because it's super worth it. Don't forget to follow their Instagram page (@aprilnailsalon) to get the latest updates and join exciting contests. Say Hi to them for me when you visit there, please? Thanks! 

May your Mondays be short, your coffee be strong, and your nails get compliments!


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Blog Nail District provide best Nail Salon Services in Gurgaon Nail District, located in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great information about Nail Salon. It will be very helpful who are seeking for best Nail Salon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful blog! The topics you write about Nail Salon. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete