GINGHAM GIRL

5:43 PM


gingham
[ging-uh m]

noun
1. yarn dyed, plain weaved cotton fabric, usually striped or checkered.

So, what has basically dominated my closet? Gingham prints. This checkered trend has made a comeback in the world of fashion lately. It has also been widely used as a fashion statement since the late 40s and 60s. I'm digging how it could suddenly give one that fresh, youthful vibe. Honestly, it's not easy to pull off without looking like a picnic table cloth. (I bet I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Haha!) But with the right color and accessories, we can totally flaunt the modern-day gingham girl look.


Gingham Dress: H&M
Hat: What A Girl Wants (WAGW)
Watch: Something Borrowed from ZALORA 

One rainy afternoon, I stumbled upon this cute cafe called Espressini where I could finish my readings. Surprisingly, the outfit combined well with the theme of the place. Hence, the instant outfit post! Lol. 

It didn't take long for me to fall in love with this gingham blue dress. I think black and red prints are so common that I've decided to go for blue instead. You can find so many gingham dresses everywhere (even at thrift shops!) so that's not a problem. I got mine on a sale at H&M for only Php 300 and that's one helluva snag if you ask me. 

Since the checkered print pretty much stands out already, I pair it with plain items. I'm finally taking out my round hat which I got from What A Girl Wants a few years ago (sadly they've already closed but you can get this one at online shops if ever you have plans on buying one). Since I'm a sucker for Korean fashion, I incorporated the dress with a hint of K-style. It doesn't need a lot of accessorizing too so I thought that one simple watch could do the trick.

A panda's face when she has just eaten pasta
Must-try: Black Forest Frappe

You wouldn't want to overdo the look. Personally, I'd go for makeup that would look like it's barely there. But girls who love the no-makeup makeup look would know that THERE'S NO SUCH THING as not putting anything on the face at all. So, let's take out those pink/nude lippies, soft pink blush and highlighters, liquid eyeliners and light brown pencils to finish our gingham look.

Lace Oxfords: Call It Spring

And lastly, I'm wearing lace oxfords to come up with a playful gingham effect. Even if what you have is a gingham top or polo shirt, you're sure to get your money's worth because the print can be worn and paired with dozens of pieces like denim shorts, jeans, sandals, etc.

 💗

So, what do you think? Let's embrace this gingham trend together!
More style posts soon.
Thanks for reading!





You Might Also Like

0 comments